Monday 22 October 2012

Progress Review

So today was the day I had my progress review and to be honest, I was nervous about it. I didn't know what to expect from it. Two tutors came to look at my work. I had written out a statement saying what my concept was and how I was trying to explore it. Then I talked the tutors through my sketchbook, contextual and the pieces on my wall. They liked my photography which I was thrilled about! I had previoulsy been told to ease off on the photos but from I was told today, photography is the way to go!

I was shocked when one of the tutors asked me if I enjoyed doing my project and did I like it. Of course I said yes, but I bit the bullet and said straight out that I had no idea what angle to tackle it from and it was something I had to put effort into. He knew that, he said that by just looking at my sketchbook and sketches that I wasn't enjoying what I was doing. I completely agreed with him because frankly I don't like what is in my sketchbook and the angle I have been told to approach this from by others.


From that point on I was given really helpful tips into what I should be looking at with my project. Photos I had already taken of fast moving objects and blurred lights really interested the tutors and they advised me to go down that route. How motion is blurred.
They looked at my blog too and they said that my photos had a much bigger impact on the computer screen than on my wall.

Another thing that one of the tutors said that struck a cord with me was that instead of trying to show what my sight is like I should try to invent ways in a 3D way that people can experience blurred vision for themelves. I love this idea!!

Today was a massive help to me and I have a renewed interest in my project. I'm looking forward to exploring this new angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment