Tuesday 9 October 2012

Photos portraying space!

I took a few more photos to help with my understading of the brief. Not all of the phtotos have to do with my concept but I felt that they would help me get a better understanding of the term 'space'. I like to experiment with photograpy and see what objects and subjects can portray that aren't the usual tradition of them having one meaning.



This photo was taken in an area near my house. At the end of the photo you can see an opening, like a gap between the trees. I think this photo is a great rerpresentation of distance and depth. The road almost seems endless but the light at the end breaks the space between the trees.
I can't clearly see what's in the back of the photo as the trees seem to blur into one another and the road fades to a halt into the light. It's almost like the idea of being short sighted, you can see what's in front of you but everything father away blurs together. I'm short sighted.






 
I took this picture one evening when the sun was setting. The shadow of the tree was reflected onto our house. The shapes of the leaves are really interesting, although they have a spooky feel about them they look 3D.
I like the way the reflection of the tree on the house changes the man-made structural space into one that looks organic. The colour is changed too from a magnolia to a dark grey to a pastel yellow/orange. The space and shape is changed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I love the way this picture reflects the colour of the sunset. The colours blend into each other and the cloud but also define the shape and space of each individual cloud at the same time. The clouds in the distance shrink and fade into the light and eventually dissapear into the horizon. This photo also shows distance and space. In a way it can relate to my concept of  my visual space and my short distance sight, even though the clouds are defined, they're undifined at the same time.
 
 

This is a picture I took of lapping water at the edge of a lake. We can't clearly see the stones on the bed because of the water over it, creating a glass like effect. The stones are hard to define and as the tiny wave comes in over them the stones beneath become blurred and look magnified, it looks like I'm looking at something through my glasses withough having them on.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment