Thursday 18 October 2012

Charcoal Experiments in my sketchbook

The last two days I've been experimenting with charcoal by just drawing to try and improve my drawing skill and technique with charcoal, like my tutor had suggested.
I really liked using charcoal and the lines it created on the page, both thick and thin were created by rolling the charcoal along the page and just letting it glide along. When I made a mistake I didn't use a putty rubber to fix it I just used my fingers to blur it out. This created something really interesting.. a sense of depth and blur. The drawing wasn't perfect and wasn't defined.
Charcoal will definately be a medium I'll be using a lot more in my project.

 
 I used chalk pastel just to see if it would have the same effect but it didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment