Tuesday 30 October 2012

Glow sticks they said.. be grand I said...

Its Halloween so what the heck, lets go a bit crazy with my project!
I got a crazy notion into my head when looking at blurred motion and lights. Why not use glow sticks to create a blurred light movement! So off I went and got myself some glow stick.
At first I just moved them around a black page to get motion:
One glow stick.
 Two glow sticks.

Then I cut them up to draw with the liquid:
 Drawing with the liquid from the stick.
 Held up against a window to get the glow effect.

 When a piece of paper is held behind it, the lines glow. 

I loved the movement created in the drawing and the light created. Even though I would love the cut open more tubes and make a massive piece like I had planned, but the smell from just one stick was enough to make me open every single window in the house and still feel drowsy after it. When I cut it open the tube burst and I destroyed the kitchen table, thankfully my mother wasn't at home to see her table almost radioactive.
 Safe to say I won't be cutting up anymore of those smelly chemical tubes! I want to keep my nose away from that smell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment