Sunday 21 October 2012

Charocoal gone... BIG.

I really like the idea of blurring and smudging charcoal with my fingers and this led me to make a large scale drawing of a forestry using just one piece of charcoal. I used A0 brown paper but I had to cut a bit of the page off as I made a pretty big mistake by smudging the majority of the other side of the page with my arm. Drawing this size wasn't a problem for me just because I love working large scale and zooming in on things.
As I'm a bit if a perfectionist when it comes to drawing, I'm never happy with what 's on the page, I must always have my rubber within arms reach so I can rub out something every few seconds. I'm trying to push myself out of my comfort zone by trying NOT to use my rubber at all so doing this piece was a bit of a challenge for me. Instead of a rubber I just used my finger to smugde it out making the mistake still visable just less prominent.

 
 Close up.

An area that was smudged out.


No comments:

Post a Comment