Thursday 8 November 2012

Tutor crit.

Today I talked to my tutors, Sylvia and Mary and I have to say it was a good insight into where I need to go.  I told them I'm looking at blurred light movement and they loved the photographs I had of the cats eyes on the motorway which I showed in a previous blog entry. Mary and Sylvia suggested I take more photos of light movement to expand my primary research. Sylvia suggested I should draw with a light and a camera which was an idea that interests me quiet a bit.

The cats eyes inspired me to do a few line drawings with colouring pencil, electrical tape and wire. My tutors thought the pieces I did where really good and said that I should do loads more pieces like those except to explore materials and come up with linear drawings. They also told me to make more 3D pieces and that it would be interesting for me to make a large scale 3D model based on lights and lines.

One thing that the tutors keep repeating to me is my time management.. I myself know that its a massive issue and its something I am trying to work on but somehow I just can't manage my time efficiently no matter what I try. I do get distracted easily so I'm trying to combat that with working with my headphones in when I'm at my desk to stop me from talking to people and looking around. I've been doing this all week and its safe to say that its working to some extent!
My tutors suggested I plan out my day and have a to do list and as I complete things I need to tick them off.
I'm not lying when I say that my time management is starting to really impact my work and progress, I need to knuckle down and work!

No comments:

Post a Comment