Monday 3 December 2012

Electrical Tape on a Wall... Exciting Stuff!

This was a project I did last week and the week before but because my memory card broke I'm only putting up pictures now.
First I put two A1 sheets together and stuck electrical tape vertically on it but as it progressed I started to put a slight curve and wiggle into the lines almost like an illusion. 

After that I put it on the wall outside my studio and continued to work with the tape on the wall continuing on the lines into a curve.

At the end of the curve I overlapped the tape to create texture and a contrast to the smooth lines. It ended with black tape meeting at a point. I did this to create the idea that the tape had faded and was lifeless, something filled with movement, illusion, colour and line was now dead and ordinary. 

The overall piece: 

I loved making this piece! Its based off the pictures I took on the motorway of the blurred cats eyes.. how the lines go from straight and smooth, to curving, to overlapping and tension and then to fade into the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment