Wednesday 26 September 2012

New idea.. GLASSES!

Over the weekend I was rattling my brain to try and come up with ideas for fear, than it hit me that I had no interest in that area! I spent the rest of the weekend and Monday trying to come up with a new idea and I thought to myself that personal space might be an interesting topic to look at. I looked at what I let into my space and how it affects me. I brainstormed ideas and objects and my glasses was one of them. The I started thinking that my glasses would be an interesting object to look at!
My glasses effect my perception of space and how I see the world. Without my glasses, everything is blurry and my sense of space is shortened as I am short sited. I need to negotiate the space I inhabit so that I am able to see what is infront of me clearly, if i sit far away from something I find myself squinting.
I want to be able to portray this through visual work to show people how my sight is effects my life and perceptions. Glasses will always be a part of my everyday life and who I am. Without them, the world scares me as every objest becomes a threat as I just can't see them. I want people to see space from my world, blurred and undifined.

No comments:

Post a Comment